PSU question

Status
Not open for further replies.

MysticRose

In Runtime
I have an Antec Truepower 550W PSU. The power supply for the mobo has only 20 pins, but my mobo has 24 pins.

So where could i insert the PSU cable ? In the middle or in the upper end or in the lower end ?

The cable can only go one way, align the Clip on the connector to the clip on the Motherboard connector, rememeber not to force anything, if it doesn't go in easily take it out and make sure its aligned correctly, the Hole are shaped so it only goes in one way.

Depending on what motherboard it is, you may need a Native 24 Pin Power supply for it to run 100% correctly. So if you encounter problems with system preformence or random System hangs/Freezes then this could be why...

Edit: "I think" DFI Mobos need a Native 24 Pin power supply, but I could be wrong, refer to the Mobos manual or call DFI Tech support to be sure.

on your sig i see "Antec 550W ATX2.0 PSU" the tp2 atx 2.0 does have 24pin but not in one peice its detatchable..

It was alright now. I insert the PSU plug in via the lower 20 pins. It works nicely.

Thanks for the recommendation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom