have to reload windows?

Status
Not open for further replies.

neweyedeya18

In Runtime
after i put in my athlon 3700 and dfi lanparty mobo, i have to reload windows, does this mean i need to backup all my files on disk then reload and reformat my whole comp, then reinstall everything? and if so whats the best way to do it and not miss programs i have saved?

If you got a new motherboard and processor, yes you have to do a reinstall. I think the best way to keep your data is to buy a new hard drive, install windows onto that drive. Then plug your old drive in and copy any files from the old drive to the new drive. You can also go into the program files and see what programs you had installed. Some of the programs may still work but most of them will not since they are registered to a different installation than what is running. Then once you have all your data moved over and programs reinstalled, format the old drive and you will then have an extra hard drive for more storage.

There are also programs that you can get to do backups for data which might not be a bad idea if you do not want to get anohter hard drive. Then you could just write down what programs you have installed on paper and then go back and install them later.

ya i have a second hard drive so could i just put all programs on the second drive then reboot windows and reformat hd1 while keeping programs on hd2?

You do realize that you will still hav to reinstall the programs correct? By moving them to the second drive you are just keeping them as a visual to remember what you had installed.

yes, u have to re-install software for windows. btw, for mac, most of the software, u just drag and drop 1 app file anywhere and done. its installed. so off topic but just telling u how well and stable OSX is built compared to windows.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom