DEll Demension 3000 wont power up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rsalter27

Beta member
Does any know or have any experienced with this problem with their dell Demension 3000 p4. The computer is four months old and the warrenty has expired. thats right Dell doesn't offer that great one year parts and 60 days parts and labor service anymore unless you pay. One day I tried powering up the CPU on and it was a dead stick. The CD rom makes a ticking noise like click click. very slowly, and all the lights are on in the front. But the screen is black, I have switched monitors and still get the same thing. And when you look at the back of the computer there are four letters that are suppose to be lite up. They are suppose to display errors when they go out, but I dont know and can't find what they mean. The "A" is flashing and the "B" is out while the "C" and "D" are green. Does anyone know what the problem can be?

Rich

I don't see a light configuration like that in the manual, Try making sure your video card is in tight, If thats not it you might have to reset your bios..

IT has a Intergrated Video card. So it's not that. Plus I even swapped out the Motherboard. Any other ideas.

When did you swap the mobo ?
Is the ram installed correctly?
Mybe the ram contacts are dirty..

Because i thought the board was dead. Nope the Ram is good. I even swapped out the ram to test that. Any other idea's. So you don't know about the letters on the back of the computer that tell you what the problem is. I called tell and they told me it was the board but that did nothing when replacing. There are four letters that are suppose to be green when everything is working perfectly. when there is a hardware failer the lights will flash. and depending on whats the problem the corresponding letter will flash indicating the issue.

There is the service manual:
Download it and unzip it and open the index.html file inside.

Rsalter27 said:
Does any know or have any experienced with this problem with their dell Demension 3000 p4. The computer is four months old and the warrenty has expired. thats right Dell doesn't offer that great one year parts and 60 days parts and labor service anymore unless you pay. One day I tried powering up the CPU on and it was a dead stick. The CD rom makes a ticking noise like click click. very slowly, and all the lights are on in the front. But the screen is black, I have switched monitors and still get the same thing. And when you look at the back of the computer there are four letters that are suppose to be lite up. They are suppose to display errors when they go out, but I dont know and can't find what they mean. The "A" is flashing and the "B" is out while the "C" and "D" are green. Does anyone know what the problem can be?

Rich

first off, check your power connections :D (past dumb mistake). also, you knew what you were getting into when you bought a dell hahahaha. jk (but seriously). what lights on the back are you talking about? are these mobo lights? because if they are, there are 4 LEDs on the motherboard which represent the POST process. ALso, you might want to turn on your speaker on your motherboard to see if you hear any beep codes..

~jack

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom