How do you "double" quote?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikehende

Baseband Member
when replying to a post on any forum, how do you quote "separately" say, 2 or 3 lines or paragraphs from the person's post?

Just quote the whole thing and take out what you dont want. That is one way. If you use Opera or Firefox have the forum openin both tabs and then copy and past the parts of the quote you do want. But the first one is easier to just take out what you want.

This is what I do presently for quoting from just 1 post but what I am after is to have separate quotes because sometimes I may wish to quote from a "few" posts and this is what I don't know how to do? This is necesary sometimes especialy when a few people reply to my post and I don't wish to have to create a few separate posts to quote them all.

What i do then is just make quote the one. Select all with Ctrl+A the cut it with Ctrl+X. then go back. Quote the next person. Then just paste your first quote before or after that quote. If you wish to do more just continue till you get all the quotes you want.

vBulletin doesnt allow for a easy way to do this as IPB does. So this is the only way i have found to do mutli quotes.

The problem with this is that you won't be able to see the person's name from whose post you are quoting from if you do multiple quotes this way. I think I understand what you mean now, that different types of boards work differently, thing is, I never knew how to do multiple quotes on any type of board.

Well IPB it is easy. They have the Quote and the Reply button. The Quote button will allow for multi quotes like you want. The Reply is a direct reply with thier post in a quote.

[ QUOTE][ i]Originally posted by mikehende[/i]
[ b]when replying to a post on any forum, how do you quote "separately" say, 2 or 3 lines or paragraphs from the person's post?[/b][/QUOTE]

mikehende - is stupid

[ QUOTE][ i]Originally posted by Makaveli21[/i]
[ b]What i do then is just make quote the one. Select all with Ctrl+A the cut it with Ctrl+X. then go back. Quote the next person. Then just paste your first quote before or after that quote. If you wish to do more just continue till you get all the quotes you want.

vBulletin doesnt allow for a easy way to do this as IPB does. So this is the only way i have found to do mutli quotes.[/b][/QUOTE]

Makaveli21 - could have explained it better

Signed: Joe King

Originally posted by mikehende
when replying to a post on any forum, how do you quote "separately" say, 2 or 3 lines or paragraphs from the person's post?

mikehende - is stupid

Originally posted by Makaveli21
What i do then is just make quote the one. Select all with Ctrl+A the cut it with Ctrl+X. then go back. Quote the next person. Then just paste your first quote before or after that quote. If you wish to do more just continue till you get all the quotes you want.

vBulletin doesnt allow for a easy way to do this as IPB does. So this is the only way i have found to do mutli quotes.

Makaveli21 - could have explained it better

Signed: Joe King

I explained it as best i could given the question. Where is your answer?

Please dont get stupid with responses. If you dont haev anything useful to add then dont post. Really that was a uneccessary post. Unless you can give a easy way to do it.

Now this is really freakin' ridiculous, where does some freak like you get off calling me stupid Mr.Emperor?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom