CPU Usage Surges

Status
Not open for further replies.

dhw200

Fully Optimized
For some reason, my CPU usage has been inexplicably surging - slowing down everything on my comp for about a second. This is extremely irritating. My CPU usage will be at 2 or 3 percent, then suddenly surge to to 50, 75, or even 100 percent. I have no idea why this has been happening, and it only started recently, as in within the last 2 months. When this happens, my pointer will adapt the hourglass symbol next to it for a second. this will slow everything down for about a second. so if i am playing a game, it stutters.

Any ideas on what could be causing this? And if so, how to fix it?

When i HAD wireless, my PC would do that.

Wireless internet can be painful, as it always looks for a signal.

You could scan for spyware and adware, that would be a good start.

i have a similar problem, happened twice already while iv been writeing this sentence.

im sure it some kind of issue to do with networking/internet, as it does it when i am using a torrent downloading program, (have tried several)
and also does it when i copy files over to another computer. someone help me out, im pretty sure it has only happened since my last format, so perhaps network drivers? or a problem with the modem, perhaps, iv updated the firmware of the modem tho so im not sure.

is your problem similar to this dhw200?
have u got task manager open to se what program is causing it?

i once had similar problems and all i had to do was download new Chipset drivers and this fixed the problem.

if you have installed chipset drivers off a cd i would recommend downloading them as when i had this problem that is what i needed to do as there was something wrong with the ones on the cd.

Cameron

i fixed it
i rock.
i didnt even think about those drivers so i went and got them, but that didnt work. so then i removed all the drivers on my comp for the ehternet, then installed the new one i just got, and then suddenly, no go, for some reason it didnt work
so then i grabbed an old network card and stuck it in there, now my problems are gooooone.

thanx zombie, u set me on the right path.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom