Help!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

mount_the_sheep

Beta member
hi guys, im new to this site and need a bit of help.
My comp is begaving badly and is crashing everytime i try to run a game (ie battlefield). It pretty much just locks up with the sound just skipping. Ive been all over the net for solutions to my problem. ive tried disabling raid, installing new drivers, disabling certain startup programs that clash etc but none have worked. i ran through a thread from "creative support team" and that was a phat lot of good. Ive just formatted my comp and have installed all the latest drivers etc but no luck. Im told it is to do with the Audigy drivers but no matter what i do it doesnt seem to fix my problem. Any suggesstions?
Im running XP Pro.
Comp Specs:
Gigabyte K7 Triton,
AMD Athlon XP 2800+
Creative Audigy 2 ZS
Radion 9600 XT

are the drivers WHQL certified? are you running the original drivers for the card or newer ones?

is it just battlefield that crashes? try running 3dmark, it runs mostly without sound, if you get no problems until the sound section then that would help pin down the problem.

thanks for the help mate. i got a post on another site saying my comp could be overheating. sure enough i opened it up and ran battlefield and checked the graphics fan and i wasnt running. i stuck my room fan up against the tower and its running fine! just need to get a few little fans built in!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom