Slideshow mode XP vs. ME

Status
Not open for further replies.

cliffhucker

In Runtime
I currently use MS ME and use the slideshow mode to view files of photos.
In ME you can click annywhere on the screen to advance to the next picture AND you can scroll to enlarge.

I am working on a friends XP sytem and notice that in this mode you can click on the pic to advance but cannot scroll to enlarge.

I notice in XP you can click on a pic in the file and use scroll to enlarge (in picture and fax viewer) but you have to use the arrors at the bottom to advance & in this mode it uses a window rather than a black backdrop.

Is this right?

Is there a hack for this?

I am building my new sytem with XP and am bummed that this feature is not as it was in ME.

In XP however in this mode you can delete and use right click menu which is real nice. But no Enlarge scroll!!

Do I have to run ME alongside XP to have the feature?

I always wished when using the slideshow mode in ME that u could R-click menu but noet at the expense of scrolling +-.

Please help

Why not run M# MAx or Google's Picasa to get all the feature you want instead of running 2 OS's?

Slideshow

Makaveli213,

I really wish trhat XP did not do away with that one little feature with the scroll sizing.

Thanks for the reccomendation. I am downloading picasa now and the other one was ??M# MAx

Cheers

Slideshow

Makaveli213,

I tried downloading but it would not work. Probably cuz i tried to on my ME system.

I got a boxes of stuff from New Egg today and am getting ready to build my first system!

So I'll try it again when my new XP box is runnin!

I like the Google Picasa program its sweet. although it does not do what AI want.

Any build tips?
Thanks

It depends on what tips you are looking for. I have a whole bunch of them since i have build a few systems. ;)

building

All of em! (tips) jk

Right now I am trying to figure out my fan connections.
w/ the ASUS A8N-E and Antec sonata2.

Qfan function? etc?
Its all new to me, but i'm not the dullest tool in the shed so I think thru the process of elimination and Google I should fig it out.

It took me awhile just to mount the Mobo cuz Antec didnot specify which screws to use. There ar3e two that look very alike but after awhile I figured out that one had tight machine threads and the other (right ones ) did not.

so Unless you live around the corner,!! Its all good learning. If I have any real pressing issues I'll post it.

Thanks for your help w/ the slideshow stuff.

Now that I think of it, I hooked my HDD to a SATA connection on the MObo so should I use the Primary Ide for my 2 dved drives? I looks as though if no sata hdd then the hdsd goes to the blue and the opticals to the black??

thanks

Re: building

cliffhucker said:
Now that I think of it, I hooked my HDD to a SATA connection on the MObo so should I use the Primary Ide for my 2 dved drives? I looks as though if no sata hdd then the hdsd goes to the blue and the opticals to the black??

thanks

Yes use the Primary IDE for your DVD Drives.
The SATA have their own special hook up you will know them. The IDE should be written right on the mobo if that spot is Primary or Secondary. It is always in White print just have to look closely.

setup

I thought since my primary drive (HDD) was hooked up to the SATA that the optical got hooked up to the secondary ide.

i suppose for something to be hooked up to secondary ide that something must be hooked to prim id. So Like u said.

Thanks Mak

Yeah. If you are using SATA you can just hook everything up to the Primary IDE. Either that or hook up the DVD ROM to the Primary and the DVD Burner to the Secondary IDE.

That way they are both on their own channel.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom