Switchable LED Fans?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ulater6000

Daemon Poster
Hey, does anyone know where I can buy LED fans that the LEDs can be turned off and on without turning off the fan?

I know there are mods to make swith for the LEDs on fans, but I just dont want to.

Yeah, I dont like having a night light brighter than the sun In my room when Im trying to sleep, but niether do I want to run my computer without the proper cooling.

So again, does anyone know where I can buy LED fans that the LEDs can be turned off and on without turning off the fan?

oh yea, i suppose so. i just turn my computer off when i am asleep. i tried googling of you, but no. if you can get them, they seem to be quite rare.

what is this mod you can do but dont want to? is it not just a case of cutting a wire somewhere, and putting a switch in?

No, you can make them yourself by removing the sticker over the ciruit board on the fan and de-sodering the negative led wires, daisy chaining them together, and re sodering them... something along those lines. I probably left a few steps out

I could do it, but it is a lot of percise long work, espeacialy when I have like 6 fans to do it to.

I found a how-to guide on it some where on the web, if you want to learn how I could post a link.

[sarcasm]
You know what would be a crazy idea, you could just turn your computer off all together.

I know its crazy but it just might work. [/sarcasm]

No, i havent heard of any fans, that give you the ability to turn the led off. You could always just buy fans that dont have the leds on them. So you dont have to worry about.

Well, I like the look of LED fans, and I leave my pc on at night for downloads.

Well from the responses on this thread, Im guessing there are no retail fans with switchable LEDs.

Looks like Im gona be spending hours sodering and re-wirering.

lol

you can just get a fan speed controller. It wont turn off the leds, but when you decrease the voltage, the leds should get dimmer. Ending result is less noise and less brightness from the LED so you can sleep peacefully.

or do what i do and through any thick piece of clothing/blanket over the window at night :) even with my fan controller they can get a lil bright while sleeping, i see his point, but no such luck on switchable leds. good idea tho, go invent some :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom