time for another 165 vs. x23800 thread :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

hednik

Baseband Member
Ive done a fairly good job, imo, of ocing my current system but its just not enough to quench my thirst. My mobo is great for beginners but just wont deal out the high oc's. Im going to be a lemming and get the DFI lanparty nf4 -u just because it will be more giving but im stuck on processor choices. I know the opty will oc to abotu 2.7 on air (if lucky) and the x2 prob 2.5-2.6. My quandry is this, the opty has 1.8 mhz stock yet 1m cache but a x9 multi. The multi seems dauting therefore requiring some great ram or a high divider The x-2 2.0 mhx but lower oc's yet the x10 multi but 512 cache. I can oc but alot of the technical stuff and what really will make my decision just escapes me. I can't tell which of these factors will be the best decision. Thanks for help.

go with the 165 if your going to OC, no point in going with a x2 3800, thats for people that dunno how to OC or dunno about hte opty 165. like i WAS, but now i do no. well i will learn how to OC, but i do no that opty is better, lol.

Yeah the 9x multiplier needs really good ram, but the opteron has a bigger cache and can go higher in ghz. I would recommend an opteron. I would definetely trade my x2 3800 for an opteron lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom