My Bad Bad Bad Comp

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, what a crap site. Anways, You obviously have some awesome cooling for that 7.33 ghz. Break it down and tell me how you did it. :)

HoLoCroN said:
I totally agree, since its a Dell Case and probably an intel mobo designed for that specific case it might be hard finding a suitable replacement..... this means you are limited to the the design specifications of that motherboard.

It might not support a processor higher than 1 GHz (roughly the PIII Max)

I am quite confidant the memory will go much farther for you...

So I can never get a new case?:( because I was looking forward to getting a better and cooler case......DANG!

in my opinion you should just hold out and buy an entire new computer start off small

shops here in canada are selling the following

for $399 Canadian

-a Amd Athlon 2000+ (1.6 ghz)
and nice little case, (dont know the name but looks really good and has spots for 4 fans)
-Abit Mobo (once again not sure the exact type but it was decent)
-256mb DDR ram
-keyboard
-Optical Mouse
On board Sound and Video (video and sound will still be better then what you have)
-Ethernet card (for highspeed)
-Speakers and sub woofer

its a very nice computer, for the price, and PERFECT for somone who wants to save money and slowly upgrade becuse this mobo can upgrade up to a 3000+ chip.....and have 3gb of ram......and it got 8X agp as well.. .

If you cant find any other deals, anywhere else, and Absolutly have to get this system

i will give you the number of the store (Aplus) and It is in Canada (Toronto), you can call them and talk to them...

And if you really want you could send me the money...and i could pick it up and ship it to you, you could tell them Andrew will be getting it (cuz im a friend of the owner)...... but thats if its the absolutly last option

!! lol how am I supposed to come up with that kind of money Im only 13........I only get like 13 a week.....It really sucks dude

what i'd do is get an Athlon XP, 2500+ is prolly best value (just a few bux more than a 2000+), and get a fairly descent (but not too expensive) mobo from Gigabyte or Asus so they wont screw your PC, then a fairly inexpensive video card (but not a cheapo one) like a Radeon 9200/9600 or Geforce FX 5200/5600 and 512MB RAM, and maybe try and find a good deal on a 20/30/40 gig drive at a swap meet, and add it to your 9 gig
these 4/5 things will end up being less expensive than a new PC, and your PC will end up performing a lot better.

yea save up your money and buy a new system .Use the 733 as a backup :) . Time period of the P3 id say you have a Intel RC440BX mobo or equivelant . You could use a conversion kit and get up to a CPU speed of about 1.4 using a Celeron on that mobo . This will probably yield a 25% increase in speed wich isnt bad . But the $200 dollars would be better spent on a new system :)

apokalipse said:
what i'd do is get an Athlon XP, 2500+ is prolly best value (just a few bux more than a 2000+), and get a fairly descent (but not too expensive) mobo from Gigabyte or Asus so they wont screw your PC, then a fairly inexpensive video card (but not a cheapo one) like a Radeon 9200/9600 or Geforce FX 5200/5600 and 512MB RAM, and maybe try and find a good deal on a 20/30/40 gig drive at a swap meet, and add it to your 9 gig
these 4/5 things will end up being less expensive than a new PC, and your PC will end up performing a lot better.

Yeah This is what i probobly need! but since i get 13 a week how long do you think it would take to by all this stuff?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom