New Build

Status
Not open for further replies.

Liamo0o

Baseband Member
I am building a new computer with about a 2,500 dollar budget (minues a moniter). I have ideas already, but I would like to quary this forum for their advice for my upcoming system. I plan to use this system primarily for pushing polygons on 3d modeling programs such as Maya, 3dsMAX. However, I also want my system to gamer friendly.
Any replies are greatly appreciated.

definitely go with a dual core processor. someone else can help you decide either pentium or amd because I'm not sure which would be best in this situation. also, i'd go with 2gb dual channel ram.

I am caught between intel or AMD duo, I heard intel was more stable and better for multi tasking - but AMD better for games...

well if i am correct, AMD will also be better for general rendering of polygons and such in 3d programs such as the ones described. a general nvidia or ati card should be fine, unless you would like to invest in a workstaton card.

the dual core AMD processors will beat intel's in almost every way, even the EE... just to keep that in mind

Get an Opteron 165 or 170. Then you can OC it to very high speeds. I would go with AMD too because they are very good for your workstation work, as well as when playing games. For gaming, my AMD x2 3800 beats the 1000 dollar pentium EE. But if you got an Opteron and OCed it, it would kick ***. Get 2 gbs of ram too. - Charlie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom