New Build, Under 1000$ Need Opinions

Status
Not open for further replies.

blaackoran

In Runtime
Heres what im thinking, everything that has a price is what i can get it for...anything without a price is stuff i already have.

What you do think?

Monitor: Sharp 17" Widescreen LCD
Speakers: Monster Game 5.1 Dolby Digital Surround
Case: Comp USA ATX Mid-Tower
PSU: Comp USA 500watt
CPU: AMD Opteron 165 Dual Core $325
Motherboard: DFI Lanparty UT Ultra-D $125
Video Card:nVidia Geforce 7900gt $300
Sound Card:Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi XtremeMusic $120
Optical Drive:16x DVD+-R $40
Hard Drive:WD Raptor 74GB $160
RAM:Corsair 1gb (2x 512) ddr 400 $70
Floppy: Standard Floppy Disk Drive

heh thanks, think a 74gb will be enough for a while though? Im going to be using this comp for Gaming mostly....high quality hopefully. Anyone know if any current video cards will be dirextx10 compatible?

none right now since dx10 isnt availible but the nvidia g80s will have it. and ya 74 gigs is pretty tiny considering some of the sizes of games now. but the raptors r crazy expensive. maybe just get another 200gig drive for storage @7200rpm and use that for games u dont care about loading times on so much or music, videos etc. gl!

faster RPM's mean faster time the hardrive can access data stored on it.. so yeah it affects gaming..

5000=slow
7200=standard
10000=fast
15000=retarded

am I right?

yea except 15,000=sweetness if you have the money. ill just suggest a fortron psu the 450w one, not sure if that 500w can handle it all, just check your amps on your 12v rail

yeah but the more RPM ur Hard drive has the more heat it creates, meaning you are going to need better cooling. Everything looks good, but you shouhld check the specs on the Monitor makes sure response time is under 8ms, and it has more than 500:1 contrast ratio, those are good. You could save a lot of money and have A LOT more hard disk space if you get one thats 7200RPM, i really dont understand why its worth paying like $100 more for just 2800RPM, its not that much, and compromise a lot of disk space.

I would go for 2GB of RAM.

I'm not sure if I would trust a CompUSA PSU with all of that nice stuff.

cvb724 said:
none right now since dx10 isnt availible but the nvidia g80s will have it. and ya 74 gigs is pretty tiny considering some of the sizes of games now. but the raptors r crazy expensive. maybe just get another 200gig drive for storage @7200rpm and use that for games u dont care about loading times on so much or music, videos etc. gl!

No just get a 74gb for right now becuase the performance over a 7200rpm HDD is huge.Most games are like 5 gigs.COmpusa is just like newegg they probaly have the same companies.My best buy sells antec and one time they had a 350watt trupower PSU cheaper than newegg.Go Figure.Just spen $20 for HDD cooler.There's other places than newegg that have the same or better prices.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom