Boot up Freezing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brad149

Solid State Member
My gateway (unsure of the exact model) will freeze up on the boot screen and sit there forever. I have tried to boot it up in safe mode but the keyboard and everything else is completly frozen. Any suggestions on how to fix this.

hmm... have you made any upgrading lately?

also, it seems like you may not be passing the POST (Power On Self Test). this could be due to anything really, but most likely your RAM, a BIOS interuption, or even a power supply issue.

have you tried re-installing windows or putting windows on another partition?

Wow tommyboy do I sence a condencending attitude and no I havent put windows on another partition.

happened to me this morning. Try clearing the CMOS. - take out the watch sized battery for about a min, and also try reconnecting ur HDD.

bradly... I agree with Tckarky, but have you taken it apart yet to check out whats going on? because that would make sense that your hard drive is not booting up...

check your cables first

(lol, you can call me tom brad)

EDIT: thats a good idea, a repair install.... or if you have a linux live cd, you could see if you have a connection to your hdd

well tom my computer is siting open right in frount of me and I am trying to make sure what the problem is before i fix it. This isn't some Dell that i can just crew up.

(and bradley is how you spell is thomas)

hahaha, ok

well if its right there, before you start doing anything, make sure you ground yourself (static electricity kills!!). And anything pluged into anything, just make sure it goes all the way in

just crew up

nice... lol

No really tom i going to mess around with a computer without grounding it and leaving it plugged in. Ya an i guess ill just throw it in the bathtub while im at it.

hahahahha... no need for sarcasm

but have you checked the connections yet... going into and out of the mobo/devices?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom