HP Or Dell?

Status
Not open for further replies.
well i really dont want to spend more then 600 if i can..i will be using it for media,mp3s,downloading,videos,burning i prefer if i can get a flat panel monitor in the package..so what does everyone dell or hp and if you say custom can someone reffer me to a site that i can understand and make my own i dunno about motherboards and **** like that so if theres a site where can custimize like you do on hp or dell please tell me thanks alot

talldude123 said:
overpriced??

the RAM, CPU, and HD off the cheapest dell must be $300 alone, they are in the hole now!
Cheap. Now we agree on something. Cheap.

Look, I've seen those machines; terribly low RAM, crappy harddrives, proprietary parts, etc. It's not worth it.

if you say custom can someone reffer me to a site that i can understand and make my own i dunno about motherboards and **** like
You can learn. It's really not that hard; I've had more trouble screwing lightbulbs in that building computers (yes, seriously).

i dont want to learn right now i dont know what im looking at when it comes to certain things and i need to buy a pc asap..i would learn but i desperatly need a new pc

are you kidding?

last time i used one of those, it got a virus faster than a dell.

They do have good parts in them, however.

it dont matter what pc you use you can get a virus a virus is because of the person running it not the pc ig you protect your pc good then you wont run into problmes

I also had an old school HP desktop back in the day when I was a little kid. It was good, a few problems... but what computer doesn't have problems? Ran very well and it was worth the price.

Just recently, I bought a HP laptop. (It's very good, although I got one of the bulky ones, so you can hear the noise.) Very good product, too.

If I were you, and you want to get either a Dell or HP, go with HP. They have good customer service help too.

I bought a Dell years ago and loved it and the company. I bought a Dell this January. It was a complete disaster. Finally, today, I received a phone call saying my balance owed was $0.00

I returned the computer because I could not do what I told the salesman I wanted to do. (Partition the hard drive.) They said I would owe nothing since I was having problems. Spent several days with tech support but I knew more than they did.

They returned price of the computer but not shipping. I called, and it takes an hour or so to keep being switched back and forth among departments, and they returned the shipping costs.

But, oops, only half of them.

I started getting Dunning notices for the $50.00 remaining. I kept calling and kept being switched back and forth among departments. Today, they called back and said they finally credited me for the remaining $50.00

How could a good company become so bad so fast?

I have several friends who have similar stories. It appears to me that half of the people I talk to with a recent Dell have a nightmare to tell.

I'm writing this on an HP A1330n. Love it. Didn't have to pay for 1 year telephone support, and they are more knowledgeable than Dell. Stay away from Dell.

I'm really, really upset with the incometance of Dell. I think their focus now is totally on corporate accounts and emerging markets.

twcinnh said:

How could a good company become so bad so fast?
err...ive never thought dell is a good compny from the beginning...
dont know how and y u got that idea "dell was a good company"....
but anyway, im glad im a long time mac user. never had problems whatsoever. (including the customer support to the product quality) now thats a good company. (well, i have windows PC, too. to me, any windows PC=game console=toy)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom