My PC is loud...sometimes

Status
Not open for further replies.
and other specs???

are you underpowered on RAM? I recommend at least 512 MB to run smoothly without too much noise.

the ram really got nothin to do with the noise level , anyway how much you willing to spend? and your processor is socket 775 or 478? , and what abotu the country question really cant recommend a store without knowin

Without thinking about budget (I don't mind spending a little more, but not a crazy amount since its just for cooling), is there anything else that you could recommend, besides just a good cooling fan?

jeremy said:
the ram really got nothin to do with the noise level ,

Depends how loud your HDD is, lots of paging on a loud HDD can be more irritating than chassi fan

Your complaining about noise trust me there is worse things like when it is broken.Anyways try some 2 ball bearings fans.Intel's kinda run hotter than AMD so what are your operating temps just wonder becuase I'am not to knowing of there temps.

The BEST thing you can do is liquid cooling.......
Make sure you run your setup outside the case before putting it in to make sure it doesnt leak.....

Here, use this liquid for coolant... http://www.fluidxp.com/
Its glycerin based and non-conductive....
I was skeptical at first, so I plugged in an old tandy to a GFCI and poured some of this one its main board........windows 3.1 still booted flawlessly, you can safely play solitair on it which is the only thing its good for.........
a descent setup will cost you around $300 with everything but im probably overestimating......
I have one, you wont even hear it run.....all you hear is a dim hum....like that of a fish tank.....

The loudest thing is your PSU fan because its temperature controlled....Its probably one of those "super quiet" boards......I havent seen one with an intel board....but i recently build one of those AOpen mini-pcs with an X2 for my friend and you can set the fan speed to manual, or intelligent controlled......basically variable with temp......

For Liquid Cooling, all you need is....
Pump
CPU waterblock
GPU waterblock
HD watersleeve
RAM watersleeve
possibly bios waterblock

You may also want waterblocks for other PU, like sound card....but thats your choice.....

If you want it to last long, get a cermic bearing pump.
You will need a dashboard....or the pump to be intelligent so you can hook up the temputure control to your mobo.....some dashes even connect to the cpu fan sockets so the dash interprets directives from the board about fan speed, and the dash returns fake fan speed....

Once you go liquid, you'll never go back....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom