My Bad Bad Bad Comp

Status
Not open for further replies.

*ExTrEmZ*

Baseband Member
Ok my comp really really sucks here it is-Dell, Intell pentium3 forgot the Giga Hertz, ATI Radeon 75000, Um...9.3 GIG Harddrive
thats about all the stuff I need to upgrade what should I upgrade first?

We are really going to need some more information if you want an accurate answer. Motherboard type, processor, power supply, ram, video card, sound card etc.

Ram: 128 SDRAM, Video Card:ATI Radeon 7500, I dont know the sound card...Dont know the Mother Board type but all I know is that i dont need a new one Power Supply?

*ExTrEmZ* said:
Oh and Intell Pentium 3 7.33 GHZ

Me thinks it's more like 733 MEGA-HERTZ.
But that's just a guess.
You could possibly change out the P-3 chip to a higher speed one, but unless you increase the speed by 50%, you probably won't notice. Best bet is to increase the RAM to 512 megs.
That'll do more for you, and not break the bank.
Just my humble opinion.

ZeekeDaGeek said:
Me thinks it's more like 733 MEGA-HERTZ.
But that's just a guess.
You could possibly change out the P-3 chip to a higher speed one, but unless you increase the speed by 50%, you probably won't notice. Best bet is to increase the RAM to 512 megs.
That'll do more for you, and not break the bank.
Just my humble opinion.

I totally agree, since its a Dell Case and probably an intel mobo designed for that specific case it might be hard finding a suitable replacement..... this means you are limited to the the design specifications of that motherboard.

It might not support a processor higher than 1 GHz (roughly the PIII Max)

I am quite confidant the memory will go much farther for you...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom