Windows Vista Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
TheMajor said:
I hope I will have a new system by the time they release Vista.

Same here but I don't know whether to upgrade the one I have now with a new video card and vista or just buy a new computer with vista and chuck this one off an overpass.

mikee said:
Same here but I don't know whether to upgrade the one I have now with a new video card and vista or just buy a new computer with vista and chuck this one off an overpass.

You should build yourself a nice system. I am not gonna upgrade my card for Vista. I would only upgrade it for games.

I don't know how to build a computer (yet) but I might get something like a 6600GT in the one I have now because they will be dirt cheap by time vista comes out and a big hard drive. I don't need the very best gaming as long as games play decent.

Microsoft to Delay Windows Vista Release

By ALLISON LINN, AP Business Writer 46 minutes ago

SEATTLE - Microsoft Corp. will delay the consumer release of its new Windows operating system until January 2007, missing the holiday sales season and throwing some PC makers and retailers into turmoil.
ADVERTISEMENT

The delay in Windows Vista — caused by Microsoft needing more time to enhance security and other functions — will come as a blow to Microsoft partners who were looking forward to a new operating system to boost holiday sales.

Windows Vista is Microsoft's first major update to the company's flagship operating system since
Windows XP was released in late 2001.

"It's not the optimal situation, to be launching the next-generation version of Windows right after the big holdiay sales season," said analyst Joe Wilcox with Jupiter Research.

The company will release some versions of the new operating system for big businesses by November as planned, but the consumer version will be postponed until January, said Jim Allchin, co-president of the Microsoft division that includes Windows.

He said the decision to delay the release came after Microsoft realized that Vista would be completed several weeks later than originally planned, largely because of efforts to improve security in the new system.

That delay was enough for some retailers, computer makers and other corporate partners to say they would have trouble preparing for the holiday season.

"The fact is that we wanted everybody in the industry to be ready for this," Allchin told journalists and analysts in a conference call.

^^^^^ bummer... i was gonna ask for it for x-mas :p ^^^^^^^

Makaveli213 said:
Yes tommyboy that is exactly what they mean. You just fill out a small survey to get a serial then you can download it and try it out without being a tester like you have to be now.

It is like the IE7 Beta 2 that they released recently.

does anyone know more about this yet.... latelly xp has been crashing a ton and i can't help but think reformatting and putting vista on it could not hurt it anymore

Well i would highly suggest you just format and reinstall XP. Vista is still in the Beta stages and with the announcement that it is delayed that only makes it worse. Vista doesnt allow for all apps that work on XP to install on it. Vista doesnt have full driver support. Also Vista doenst have a firewall/av that fully works with it.

Yo if i instal vista will it be on the add and remove programs or will I need to reformat my computer to get rid of it

Vista is a OS. Cant just install it like a game. You would have to format your PC to install it. Unless you have a partition available to install it on.

It wont be on you add/remove apps since you cant just install it under XP. You have to install it on its own. This is to take place of XP no to install under it.

No offense Gameover but if you dont know this about Operating Systems then i would steer clear of Vista for now. Too many bugs in it to try and get it to work right.

I just installed 5308 myself. Not to shabby. WMP11 crashed everytime i tried to run a movie. IE7 was okay. Other than that the same options i seen since Beta 1.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom