Building a gaming pc

Status
Not open for further replies.

theprofessor17

Baseband Member
allright these are my specs so far the total price is $811 tell me if you think im gettin ripped or its a good deal...

Raidmax Ninja-918 ATX Mid-tower Case w/450W Power Supply

[939-pin] AMD® Athlon-64 3500+ CPU w/ Hyper Transport Technology

eVGA nForce-4 SLI Chipset Dual DDR w/7.1 Sound, Gb LAN, S-ATA Raid, USB 2.0, Dual PCI-E MB

1024 MB [512MB X2] DDR-400 PC3200 Memory Module Corsair-Value

80 GB HARD DRIVE

52x32x52 CD-RW Drive

3D Premium Surround Sound Onboard

D-Link PCI 32 Bit 10/100 Network CARD

I've got a few other things like neon lights and windows xp operating system that upped the price a little bit... but good price for all that stuff? and would it be a decent gaming pc?
tryin to buy off ibuypower.com

You forgot to tell us the (arguably) most important part of a gaming rig: the video card!

And that motherboard already has ethernet built in, so you wouldn't need to buy an ethernet card (unless you meant a wireless adaptor card).

ugh seems all ok, u wont be the fastest but you will run at a decent speed and for the price, u cant beat that

as advice i recieved i have changed my specs to be a better gaming pc :) .... [939-pin] AMD® Athlon-64 3200+ CPU w/ Hyper Transport Technology

Nvidia 256mb 7600gt

still good?

now 785 dollars

the psu that comes with that raidmax case is generic crap it wont handle it at least not in a stable manner i suggest youll change to antec lifestyle sonata ii that comes with an antec smartpower 450w psu. a quality psu (newegg have it for 79.99$ after rebate) , do you really need another network card? the mobo have one integrated but if you really need another there are bit more expensive mobos that have 2 net cards might wanna consider gettin one , the evga mobo seem to have nice reviews but thats like their first motherboard ever i wouldnt get a mobo from a company that dont have alot of expirence in the field but thats just my opinion , what hard drive & cd-rw exactly are they? , might wanna consider getting a dvd burner they cost just a tiny bit more.. the nec 3550 costs 37-39$, yeah its still good same goes for prices but i suggest youll buy from a more known & reliable store www.newegg.com / www.zipzoomfly.com / www.mwave.com

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom