High end gaming system

Status
Not open for further replies.
get value ram u not overclocking dont waste your money on anythign above value if u not overclocking. value ram = ocable ram at stock(meanign no ocerclocking).

efd753 said:
get value ram u not overclocking dont waste your money on anythign above value if u not overclocking.
the lower the timings,the better the performance , but its not wise to spend too much on it when not doin overclocking , the ocz ram suggested by "xXx-Tricky-xXx" isnt too expensive its 156.99$ after rebate 2gb.. and excellent timings 2-3-2-5 so its worth it

The DFI Nforce 4 Ultra-D is the motherboard for you, best overclocker and great value.

Next, that OCZ DDR2 memory won't work with your system since AMD doesn't support DDR2. OCZ does have some high quality DDR stuff though that will perform about the same as that XMS, so it's really a matter of preference. However, OCZ performs better and with more stability than XMS on DFI motherboards, so I'd reccomend the OCZ DDR.

The X1800XT gets beaten by the 7900GT in price and performance, and overclocks more. So your best options would be the 6800XT, 6800GS, 7600GT X1800GTO, 7900GT or the X1900XT (in order of increasing performance, I'd suggest the X1800GTO or faster)

Brtnboarder495 said:
The DFI Nforce 4 Ultra-D is the motherboard for you, best overclocker and great value.

Next, that OCZ DDR2 memory won't work with your system since AMD doesn't support DDR2. OCZ does have some high quality DDR stuff though that will perform about the same as that XMS, so it's really a matter of preference. However, OCZ performs better and with more stability than XMS on DFI motherboards, so I'd reccomend the OCZ DDR.

The X1800XT gets beaten by the 7900GT in price and performance, and overclocks more. So your best options would be the 6800XT, 6800GS, 7600GT X1800GTO, 7900GT or the X1900XT (in order of increasing performance, I'd suggest the X1800GTO or faster)

I can't find that motherboard on Newegg, do you know where I can get that board at?

I purchased the x1800xt from Newegg last week is the difference between the x1800xt and x1900xt worth me returning the x1800xt and paying an additional $250 for the x1900xt?

Thanks

where does it say that the X1800XT gets beaten by 7900GT? maybe give some links and prove your point. and no the 7900GT doesn't overclock more than the x1800XT, they are both built around a 90nm architecture and every card oc's differently so i don't know how you could come up with that.:rolleyes:

no i think the x1800 beats the 7900 GT, but GTX Rox everything on SLi, even beats xfire doesn it?

Everything looks good, i second going with the DFI Lanparty UT Ultra-D. Go with the Value Ram. and get teh 7900 GT, preferably eVGA cause they have Lifetime warranty and step up program and if not go with BFG they also have lifetime warranty but no step up program. and BFGs come OC'd if you want to pay a lil extra.

Everything else looks fine.

the difference between the x1800xt and the 1900xtx are huge and well worth the price. trust me i got one

I am going to return the x1800 and get the x1900. I don't want to rebuild again for years so is this the best motherboard (DFI Nforce 4 Ultra-D) for me? I want to buy the best motherboard so if I need to upgrade I can do that without having to rebuild a new system.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom