Help Fast!!! Please!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually this works, I've done this to recover text from my machine. If it was cut or copy correctly and the user did not restart or shut off the machine the information will still be retain in RAM or the pagefile.

i didnt say it isnt , from what you previously wrote it just sounded like your talkin on hex editing the document and looking for it there , as you alredy stated you were unclear , but its not only the restart/shutdown that matters if the physical/pagefile ram was overwritten in the area that text was then it likely wont be possible to recover it. i mean like if after he closed word he ran other programs (most likely happend) that overwritten that area in the ram

lol, thanks for the help guys. I am going for a walk right now. I need to cool down before I explode. I will try to get my professor to extend the deadline.

Yea, I was totally unsure it would work for him. It is possible the information was gone, depending on how long the system was up and used. It has work for me, but I didn't wait more then 1 min to recover it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom