Problem with my USB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rune20

Solid State Member
All of my 8 USB ports are not working anymore. I do not know what is wrong with my pc. I've opend it up and checked everything out but nothing is out of place. My pc says that everything is running when I troubleshoot the drives. When I insert my jump drive it powers on but the computer does not detect it. Does anyone know what is wrong with my drives? I am running a Windows 2000 NT. Please reply if you know anything that could help me. Thanks.

Are they enabled in the BIOS and it may be worth reinstalling any USB specific drivers needed for your PC. Ie the ones that came with your motherboard or whatever else you may be using.

If the problem continues please post what happened when you checked those suggestions and some more specific system information.

What does it say in device manager, Under USB Host controller it should either say "This Device Is working Properly" and there are no Signs/!! over the devices, And if they aren't working there will be !!! over them..

Double click it to see the specific problem.

What did you do just prior to this occurence? Any added software or hardware? Any settings changed?

Are you trying with just the thumbdrive? Try another USB device. Something that's not a storage device...like a mouse or keyboard or something.

Yes I have the latest service pack installed. I have tried using my mouse and it does not work either. I have done no hardware changes to my pc. It says that the device is working properly in all of my drivers. I dont understand whats wrong I think I might need to update my BIOS. Any other suggestions?

I would try it, Make sure its the right one before doing it..

See if you can't uninstall the USB Drivers then reinstall them also.

I updated my Bios it didnt do anything. Uninstalling the drivers and reinstalling them didnt do anything either. If this helps any, I'm running an ASUS P4P800 SE motherboard.

Try disabling "USB 2.0 Controller" and enable "Legacy USB Support"

Or vice versa, which ever version is your USB device. Supposely 2.0 is backward compatible with 1.1, but sometime issue can arise.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom