First Build......

What would You do?

• wait and not game at all...=[

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I would buy a new mobo and get a pci-e card

• i would get some cheap ram, get a cheap mobo and a cheap pci-e card and get a cheap speaker set..

• All these options are n0ob....i would not do any

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Question... is it really that bad... i mean cmon,
But i already have my 6800gs +CPU +GPU +756mb ram

Next week or so im upgrading to 1.5gb ram
thats 2x256 + 2x512 (dual)

its a decent biuld man...play most games...

btw dont let all AMD fanboys trash ur intel hehehe i have 1 to it will play any game u want...."AMD is better" but intel will work to lol

intel is only good if you have other good parts backing it like ur 1 gig dual ram and 7800 GT. Otherwise, it will suck. For example if you take a X2 3800+ give it a 6600, and 512 dual channel ram. It will probably play almost any game. not every single on on max settings, but it'll play it well. But if you take an intel, like the on u have 630 3GHz and give it a 6600 and 512 Ram, it'll be lucky to play all games on medium settings.

im not looking 4 the best.... i jus wanna start a game up and not skip on low..
4 about two years ive been gaming bf2 and css with 256mb and a x300
LOOK AT THIS OLD GRAPHICS CARD: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16814153016

Ill be happy with anything that could play a game PERIOD
i jus wanna know your opinions, do you think my computer could cut as a "gaming computer" or a normal pc with no recognition....

well i think the upgrade in RAM will definatelly help, but not raise my score any more. The thing is, you got an intel, which plays games fine. Even if you have an intel, a 6800gs will work great with bf2 and such

i think it was a nice build all together

LOL - 7 80mm fans?! nice....

7 80mm fans is kinda overboard and you should only need about 5 or 6 max for the case and I bet that is freakin loud.I had 5 120mm fans on my old case and it sounded like a vaccum sweeper than I got a water cooling kit and is pretty much silent.But it alright I would just get another of the 512mb stick of what you got and put it in dual channel.

I'm no expert. I'm a newbie too.

You have a motherboard that will support dual channel ram. It's got 4 slots for ram.

Buy another 512mb stick of the DDR400. Put 1 stick in channel 1 and put the other stick in channel 3. You'll have 1gb running dual channel.

I don't think your 256mb stick and your 512mb stick can run dual channel, because they aren't the same size.

You'd see an improvement in your machine simply doing this. How much of an improvment? I don't know. Someone else can help you with that one.

I'm using a P4 3.0ghz Prescott 468 pin CPU on a gigabyte board. I have 4 sticks of ram 512mb each. Plugged into 4 channels on the board. My rig will play any game you can throw at it, but my GeForce MX4000 video card sucks. Made a mistake buying that. I'm after a 7800GS now. Waiting on tax refund.:D Once I put that video card in--it'll be smokin'. At leat to me it will be. Others may call it a POS, but compared to the PIII 550mhz on a 100mhz board I had--this thing is a rocketship.

I think you got a decent rig. Not top of the line--but it's functional, and fast enough to most anything you need. Fix that ram though. Get 2 sticks, same size and run them dual channel. It can't hurt. Cost ya $50--$60.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom