Help me choose a laptop

Status
Not open for further replies.

rtbenson

Beta member
I'm pretty much a novice when it comes to buying computers, so I came here for help.

I will be purchasing a laptop within the next three months for use at college and I need a reccomendation. I don't play computer games, so I won't need a super awesome graphics card. Instead, I do a lot of work with Macromedia and Adobe products like Flash, Photoshop, and Dreamweaver, so I'll have several heavy applications open at once. In that sense, I'll need a laptop that can handle the load of all the applications and allow me to toggle between them quickly.

My budget is $800-$1300, and I'll probably buy the laptop through Newegg since I hear they are a great company.

Let me know what laptop you would suggest for my budget and my needs. I really appreciate your help. :)

Thanks,
Brendan Benson

Found one:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16834115218
It has a gig of memory so that should suppress your want for multiple applications. It also has 1.8GHz and is centrino so you should get descent battery life. 120GB hard drive with 4200rpm might be a little on the slow but shouldn't effect you too heavily. Also a RADEON X700 (64MB) and Dual layer burner are awesome. 5/5 for the reviews. All bundled with Windows XP Pro. Sound pretty good. You can upgrade to 2Gigs if you wanted too as well. Check it out and make the decision for yourself! One flaw: 2 FAT32 drives. Im not an expert at this but the reviewers apparently didn't like it so be prepared to make an extra step by converting them to NTFS. Also, might run warm so be cautious.

Few things ....

Only buy a processor that is either:

- Core Duo
- Core Solo
- Pentium M

Make sure that the notebook/laptop has at least 1Gb of either DDR 400 or DDR2 667 memory. This will assist in multi-tasking applications.

gg = good game.

usually at the end of an online game, ppl say "good game" to eachother, or just gg. But the context i used it in is that its over. no more contests. its that good..

ah..neat...got it..lol.thanks

as i am getting more notebook savvy. i am realizing i might need more than 2.5 hours of battery worth. hence i am wieghing this one with the earlier suggestions. ...ah i hate to shop

hehe well this one is $300 or so over your budget, but if you do get a hold of that much more money it would be good to get this one since its dual core (2 processor cores).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom