Building A New Gaming PC

Status
Not open for further replies.
then buy a cheapo cool master case thats what i have and i got a pretty nice anec psu the psu is millions of times more important than the case

My max budget is 1200 its all i got.

Seagate Barracuda 7200.8 ST3250823AS 250GB 7200 RPM Serial ATA150 Hard Drive - OEM

DFI LANPARTY UT nF4 Ultra-D Socket 939 NVIDIA nForce4 Ultra ATX AMD Motherboard - Retail

eVGA 256-P2-N517-AX Geforce 7800GT 256MB GDDR3 PCI Express x16 Video Card - Retail

OCZ 2GB (2 x 1GB) 184-Pin DDR SDRAM DDR 400 (PC 3200) Unbuffered Dual Channel Platinum System Memory Model OCZ4002048ELDCPE-K - Retail

AMD Athlon 64 X2 3800+ Manchester 1GHz HT Socket 939 Dual Core Processor Model ADA3800BVBOX - Retail

That is all about 1000. And also i know it says 7800gt. The 7900gt is a bit cheaper somehow, but its out of stock so im just subsituting it for now Im getting the 7900 gt.

3800+, ocz ram, 7900gt, so far EXCELLENT choices.

the asus a8n32 is one of the best SLI mobos out there, i donno what that other guy was talking about. DFI is also a good brand. but since you don't intend on getting SLI, just get a single slot mobo and save some money.

as for power supply, get this:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16817104954 $51

your 7900gt requires:

Requirements
Minimum of a 400 Watt power supply.
(Minimum recommended power supply with +12 Volt current rating of 20 Amp Amps.)
Minimum 500 Watt for SLI mode system.
(Minimum recommended power supply with +12 Volt current rating of 28 Amp Amps.)
An available 6 pin PCI-E power connector (hard drive power dongle to PCI-E 6 pin adapter included with card)

so i high quality, affordable 450watt psu like the one i linked should be good enough for your setup.

hmm ok nevermind, this was a waste of time i guess...

seems im never getting broadband again so theres no point on spending 1200 on a computer when i cant play any games. Thanks for your guys help but my mom is an *** and theres no point spending 1200 when I wont be able to play any games other than boring single player stuff.

aww that sux, but im sure you can convince her, depending on how old u r, work ur puppy dog face, or give her the guilt trip, say that, now that im in high school or something, i wont have time to hang with friends and it will be the one outlet where you can have some fun next to study study study *yeah right*.

its not that she wont get broadband its that it isnt available apparently. We moved, then my pc breaks. Weve had dial up until we found dsl or cable internet but i guess cable tv is only 10 channels and doesnt have internet so we had to get sattelite tv and so where stuck with dial up. Trying to make her move back but we just bought the house so she wont. >.< Its pretty sad, no dsl, no cable, only thing is 1 privately owned dial up service that is run from someones house. Its pathetic. :( So bye bye BF2, CS, and WoW. And I already looked up wireless stuff, theres no broadband providers for about 30 miles. I live in the middle of nowhere now surrounded by huge lake about 20 yards from it.

Please let me know if you can think of ways to get someone to provide broadband for us. My zipcode is 66070 in Kansas, but im pretty sure there is no providers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom