multiple monitors in xp

Status
Not open for further replies.
well it should work. but ive never used 2 different companies cards at once. Im using 4 monitors right now off one computer. (dont ask its just be cause I can lol) Right now im using my x850 pro to display 2 monitors and a pci ati radeon card to display another 2. I had to trick the computer though for it to work. I used the x850 to show one then used the other ati card to show another display, after using both I went into the ati display options and turned on the other displays. kind of confusing but it workds.

A multi monitor setup is very easy provinding the cards are setup correctly.
You can have more than one graphics card and the manufacturer matters not. I've had 3 monitors before now with desktop streched over all three by using a dual headed AGP nvidia card and an old PCI matrox card.

So long as your system recognises both cards ok and you have set the multimonitor options to display on both monitors then should be fine.

hey, thanks for the respsonses....
but yeah i checked to make sure all the drivers are updated, but heres the weird thing: if i goto device manager>display adapters, both video cards show up and they say they are working correctlty. but once i go into display options, only one video card shows up... any ideas? im using windows home edition without service pack 2, if that helps...

jut

Do you just see one monitor in the settings tab?

monitor0004.gif

can you disable each card in turn and use either as your primary display? if not then even if they look installed correctly they're probably not.

p.s. you do have a seperate monitor attached to each card and switched on don't you?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom