Building A New Gaming PC

Status
Not open for further replies.
>.< i havent been able to get on past few days, still havent bought anything. Ill look at that other mobo your talking about just i know that Asus is good and i trust them not sure about the DFI thing. The 7900 from what i saw was about 50-100 more. Thats quite a bit. The 7800gt was about 320 compared to around 400 for the 7900gt. The case and the psu seems more expensive then half the hardware. A case that has more than 1 or 2 fans without a psu is already about 100 bucks or with a crappy psu and a good psu is like 50 or more.

Im not sure wheather to wait a month or something or a while because someone metnioned somethign about M2 and things being cheaper but I dunno really wut he was talking about. And the fact that it seems ill be stuck with dial up for a bit so i cant play online games really if i had a new pc for a while. 1000 bucks seems kidna alot when I cant play any games online atm. But i dunno, might be a good idea to decide on what i want so when Im ready i can buy it a month from now or maybe next week Im just not sure yet. >.<

im not sure its best to go with the first generation M2s or Conroes.......infact its best not to go with First Generation anythings.........they are bound to have bugs in them. go with the case and psu i suggested, its expensive yes, but come on. you can cut a corner by going with the DFI lanparty UT Ultra-D instead of SLi, go with a BFG or XFX 7900 GT, but BFG is recommened, and BFGs come OCd.
You can get a 3800+ instead of Opteron if ur not going to OC, and get a cheaper Dual Channel Ram if your not going to OC, and that saves u quite a bit i think.

hmm, ya i guess it seems alot more ppl use the DFI but it doenst say on the product like at newegg 64 X2, just 64, and also what kind of ram do u suggest then. The OCZ i think had good speed with the 4 number things I think, and real good reviews, seemed like an overall best choise ram. I dont wanna go cheap on the ram though, last time i got some corsair and it was too slow had alot of problems unfortunately.

I dont really know what BFG or XFX is, i did however look at the 309 dollar 7900GT it seemed like a good choise when its back in stock.

Aside from buying a PSU, i was sorta hoping for a case that already had a good psu that isnt too expensive but im having trouble on finding a case that would be good and keep my case cool but not expensive cuz my last case was horrible and my pc would overheat like 120 when doing nothing and had to open it up and point a big housefan in it.

when making a gaming pc never use the PSU in the case....they always die...I am quoting a stickie on this forum.

Originally posted by some stickie on this forum
A PSU is to a computer as a Heart is to a Human

look for 500 to 550 Watts.

o also i thot it would be good to get that OCZ cuz of the 40 dollar rebait ur only paying about 160. which is about normal compared to all the other 2X1gb dual channel ram. that is thats 2-3-2-5. I think that was the fastest one thats under 200 bucks. But I would have to buy it tonight. And id buy rest of pc later when i decide on rest.

i cant afford to buy a 100 case and a 100 psu. The tsunami case is like 100 and the psu u said is like 150 theres no way i can buy that. I got around 200 left for the case and the psu. The 3800 dual core, the ram, the video card, and the mobo alone are 1000.

$1000 can get you an Opteron 144 and 7600GT but I'd suggest expanding your budget to $1500, so you can go with the Opteron 165 and 7900GT.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom