A Dumb RAM Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nemesis1331

Baseband Member
If I get a 1GB (2x 512MB Kit) RAM is that usually two seperate sticks of 512MB that I could run side by side or still only one 1GB Stick?

it'll be faster than 1 stick of 1GB ram because dual channeling is supposed to cycle faster than just 1 stick.

they are both 1024 MB in total.

As for your motherboard placement, Check to make sure where to put the 2 sticks to run dual channel.

JohnnyX said:
As for your motherboard placement, Check to make sure where to put the 2 sticks to run dual channel.

Do you mean my motherboard has to be able to run dual channel/be compatable or have multi RAM slots? or is that the same thing???

tell us what socket mobo you have and we'll tell you if it supports dual channel (if it doesn't support dual channel, then when you stick in the 2 sticks of ram, they'll work just fine, they just won't run in dual channel mode)

MSI RS482M4-L Socket 939/ PCIE/ ATI XPress200 VGA/ MATX/ DDR 400

That's the motherboard I'm getting unless you suggest something better but at the same price.

dude get the MSI Neo4-f and get a GOOD gpu with it that piece of garbage coming with it won't run anything and make sure you get the same pin ram as the mobo

i don't see anything wrong with that mobo especially if the guy needs integrated video. if you're not using integrated video, then maybe get a differnt board. either way, that mobo supports dual channel ram. if your motherboard has 4 ram slots, then you'll have to check the manual and see which slots to stick the 2 sticks of ram in for dual channel to work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom