Windows Vista Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im looking forward to the new GUI, with the glassy kind of look and the search feature. Almost makes Windows look like Mac OSX.

Also, its supposed to have AI, by detection of hardware failure, restart manager, etc.

Pretty interesting operating system....Looking forward to it :)

I personally think that Microsoft should at least make an OS that is worth more than 50% of the dollars you pay for.

XP is an improvement from 2000 / 98 / ME but by how much?

I remember seeing it in stores for 500 CAD when it first came out. It's not even worth that much!

Vista looks promising, but doesn't sound so.

I just want though, less crashes, better system restore utilities, and a really fast OS.

Hope MS pulls it through ^_^

Hah! Be careful what you wish for. I have been beta testing Vits for quite some time now. IMHO its doing ok, could be better, but ok. So far IE 7 is really pathetic. Still crashes alot. I do like Vista's fast boot. (Power on in 2 sec. Power off in 2 Sec.) I'm looking forward to Beta2 when the Start menu icon will change. :)

I'm sorry but the day I have to upgrade my GAMING PC to run an operating system is the day the terrorists have won. The minimun specs that have been floating around this thread better not be even close to reality. Vista sounds like alot of new flashy surfaces and no real new features from what I've read. I can do without quicker booting, sure it'd be nice but I don't really care how long it takes my computer to boot up. The screen caps looked pretty nice but what's the idea behind the gigantic clock? That thing looks like it should have a cartoonized version of Flava flave standing behind it. I don't want to come off as completely hating this before it even comes out but the price tag is turning me off too. I'm sure it will be a better OS than XP but after the price tag of the OS itself and the possible upgrading to my system, I'll keep my XP pro. I really don't like the idea of my games lagging because my video card is too busy trying to render my windows to look like glass at some stupid resolution, no thanks. I'll take function over looks anyday, I just hope it doesn't end up being all eye candy and no performance.

WHAT!!!! I remember reading somewhere that vista will cost significantly less than xp to reduce the ammount of people pirating the os.

That is only for the Starter edition. Also the proces have not been announced. This is all speculation. Nothing is final. There was talk of Vista going to be $99 but that was only talk. Nothing came from it.

Just remember no announcement has been made by M$ yet on the price or date of Vista. It is all speculation right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom