power supply help/ video card

Status
Not open for further replies.

theprofessor17

Baseband Member
Need video card and new psu

I know everybody is going to say antec is the best brand but they are expensive for me and I don't have that kind of money, can anybody recommend a second brand that might be a little bit cheaper but still very reliable and good.

next on the video card note...
thinking about getting this video card
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16814130271

its pretty good right? ok well under system requirments it says this An available 6 pin PCI-E power connector .... what exactly is that and i see under most power supplies it says 20/24 pin connector would that still be compatible since i need a 6 pin?? would it still work anyways? do i need to buy something and how expensive would it be?

so if somebody could give me a good psu link or something compatible with this video card that would be appreciated :D

as some of you guys might be able to tell im not the most computer technical person but help please

aim: theprofessor1710

That's a great video card, but may I also reccomend the 7600GT which OC's better and probably has better potential than the 6800GS for only slightly more money?

ok thanks i hear the video card is kind of big do you think it would fit in a normal size case specs... 15.75 H x 7.5 W x 15.75" D

better make sure your mobo have pci-e slot if your planning on getting a pci-e card , your asking on pci-e 6pin power connector and on 24/20 pin i just have a feeling you dont have a pci-e mobo cuz i think you should have alredy know the answers if you had a mobo with pci-e , anyway the 24/20 pin is the main mobo connector and the 6pin is for pci-e cards they are two diffrent connectors and usally 24/20 pin psus do have at least one 6pin pci-e connector if not two

well i can't exactly visualize those dimensions.. give a link to your case. if its mid-tower or full-tower it should fit. if its m-ATX case then maybe not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom