Attention nVidia Users

Status
Not open for further replies.
Beefcake said:
From what I've read it only helps when AA is enabled.

ya, thats true, it performed 1 fps lower on 8xAF.. not a big difference, but its a huge difference considering its twice the amount of filtering

AA is anti-aliasing.. it smoothens things out in games, gets rid of those nasty jagged edges that i hate so much

AA and AL off if you want to internet game. They are murder on frame rates regardless of the card and system. I don't give a hoot about jagged edges given that they are very minor distractions. It's all about performance! But if your video has to look really good and you don't care about the performance loss, you might as well turn them all up!! I shut off AA and AL comepletely....that is where the bumpy thang is coming from!!

RicoDirenzo said:
AA and AL off if you want to internet game. They are murder on frame rates regardless of the card and system. I don't give a hoot about jagged edges given that they are very minor distractions. It's all about performance! But if your video has to look really good and you don't care about the performance loss, you might as well turn them all up!! I shut off AA and AL comepletely....that is where the bumpy thang is coming from!!

hrmm, fear seems to run better online than when i play offline.. so i disagree!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom