Cat 6.3 and Radeon 9*** users

Status
Not open for further replies.

PP Mguire

Build Guru
Do you guys get artifacts in games like Counter-Suck, FEAR, Quake4, BF2, and BFME2? Ive been getting artifacts and the only way to get rid of them is to UNDERCLOCK my 9800XT. WTF?:mad: Somebody help please?
EDIT: Sorry wrong forum, mods please move!:eek:

I had pretty good luck with my 9800pro, But i did have similar issues with my x850xt.

I used ATI tool to figure out the tempurature and with stock cooling it would get to 78 degrees C. Friggin' hot! I also found that the fan on my card wasn't ever going at full speed.

I purchased an aftermarket cooling device and set the fan to 100% at all times. Now i don't get artifacts and the temps are a lot better (about 60 C max)

Hope this helps..... :)

Ehh not really. I have a Zalman VF700 and it runs full speed. Ram heatsinks and everything w/ it. I just recently started getting these artifacts and i didnt have a problem w/ te CAT 5.13s. Anybody else think its the drivers like me?

Probably the drivers, as you may want to try a different set. I've stuck to using the Omega Driver 3.8.221 (based on the Catalyst 6.2 set) for the time being and it hasn't given my 9800 Pro any problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom