X-Fi XtremeMusic Sound Card Problem HELP!!! PLEASE

Status
Not open for further replies.

persianxballer

In Runtime
I made a computer for a friend and it has a X-Fi XtremeMusic sound card. He used a y audio splitter to connect two y audio cables to both his receivers then to the sound card. He plugged it into the plug it has to plug it into but the sound just doesnt sound right. The sound also doesn't come for all five of his speakers. He already did the setup thing, so what could be the problem? Maybe something wrong with the card?
Any help is much appreciated.

what do u mean the sound doesnt sound right??? and if all five speakers arent working then it sounds like the setup didnt go right or u dont have it set to 5.1. more info plz

He has the sound card connected to two receivers. One receivers controls speakers all around the house and one controls five BOSE speakers in his living room. The sound is not crisp and there is a hissing. I didnt pay $120 for a sound card for hissing and bad quality.
What are some possible problems?

do it 1 at a time. plug 1 stereo out straight to the reciever and to the another 1. if it works, then check the other connections. always do it 1 at a time so u can trace the problem. it could be the cable, or could be the reciever, or software settings.

We did that. Also when I was still working on his computer, I hooked it up to my Z-5500s and the sound only came from two of the speakers. Are other people having the same problem? What was happening with the Z-5500s is happening with his suround sound setup, I think.

Thanks for the help but please keep it coming!

i had the same thing, but it was with a 2.1 system. There was some horrible hissing and stuff, but i think it was because of my ignorance in thinking i could plug them into the digital output instead of the analog output. Later i found out why from creatives website...

when i first read the post i thought for sure that it was a splitter issue. if you have other splitters and whatnot check out seeing if something is wrong with it.

Which plug should I plug in the y audio cable into? The Digital I/O right.

I went to Creative's web site and it said that there is a way to switch the mode from microphone into digital i/o. Also, the hissing from the speakers was also addressed.

unless u have "digital in" on ur receiver, or any D/A converter in between, u cant connect digital out to analog in. its like putting CD into cassette tape player. im not really sure exactly what connection type u have on ur receiver so i cant tell u much. if u r trying to connect digital 5.1 out to digital in on ur receiver, itll work. but not sure u can use splitter w/ it. if its coaxial connection, maybe. but if its optical, i think not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom