Anybody dealt with tiger direct?

Status
Not open for further replies.

protonfusion

Baseband Member
Im looking to get a new cpu/mobo combo for gaming... i like the prices at tigerdirect.com but i was wondering what was everybodys opinion.

Actually sometimes tigerdirect.com has better deals than newegg.com but it's rare, and newegg.com has a better and larger inventory. Compare the items and see what's cheaper, remember that sometimes tigerdirect.com doesn't charge for shipping!

I rember seeing a case from them a few years ago for $50 that I really liked, so I called them up to order it and they said it would be $50 + s&h so I said ok, and at check out right at the end they told me they wanted $70 alone for shipping....lol

I know I live in Alaska, but thats insane.. newegg only charges like $30 to ship a case to Alaska.

Plus I find newegg more reliable.

Moral: Ive never delt with tiger direct again, and have used newegg ever since.

Seems like Tigerdirect is more expensive as well. For an evga 7900gtx EGS, Tigerdirect wants $599. Newegg and every other dealer wants $539-$550.

ive bought from tiger direct a couple years back:

bought a motherboard cpu combo:

they sent me a no name board instead of a soyo board (said it was outta stock so they subsituted without tellin me). Ends up the board was defective, so sent it back and they send me a another different board. That board worked ok, but still....

I'll let you know. Just odered a XfX7900gt (newegg was out of stock). They shipped it the same day I bought it for the same price as Newegg and it will be in on 3/22/06. Newegg stuff gets to me fster becasue they ship from the West Coast where I live. I'll post Wednesday afternoon after the product arrives. Newegg is my first choice but they are out of stock on all 7900's right now.

tigerdirect is pretty good a lot of ppl have great feedback on tigerdirect, but i think newegg is better, although i have never used it, newegg seems cheaper, and according to what you guys say, more reliable, and EVERYONE says they are fast.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom