my friends "super" 9600xt....

Status
Not open for further replies.
ya, i've done all of the suggested, but he insists its overclocked to the point that makes it better than my card... so there's not really any benchmarks on that... i need some sort of technical mumbo jumbo on why it will never beat my card... but i'm tired of him being dumb.. i think i'm done arguing with him.... i'll just go over his house one day and laugh at him for lying.. my other friend said he played doom 3 on his comp and it lagged.... so much for his super card...

WEll if he was any kind of smart then you already got everything you need. 4 pipes vs your what 24 or 32? Hahaha yea rihgt. Not to mention memory bandwidth. Also what is his system compared to yours? You can get him there too.

ya, he's got a 3.0 ghz pentium 4 prescott... don't know how much ram.... but.. i got him beat, i already know it... his dad and brother do everything for his computer, so i doubt he knows what he's talking about

i wish it was 32 pipes, that would be nice... but 24 is still awesome :) this card performs exactly how i wanted it to

who cares dude......seriously. This is like the 3rd thread you've started of 'retarded friends who say this and that'

Let them be retarded. Does it really concern you that much what he says?

Let him think he's cool, it's not gonna harm you in any way.

ok here, i have a 9600xt OC which i uped the agp slot votagle all the way and i have top clocks and a Zalma cooler

it dosnt even get close to a 6800gt not even a 6600gt

Nubius said:
who cares dude......seriously. This is like the 3rd thread you've started of 'retarded friends who say this and that'

Let them be retarded. Does it really concern you that much what he says?

Let him think he's cool, it's not gonna harm you in any way.
when did i ever had a thread where my friend said his whatever it may be is better than what i have.....

when did i ever had a thread where my friend said his whatever it may be is better than what i have.....
When you were trying to convince the one that your 6800GS was better than the normal 6800.

The point is...seriously who cares if your friends want to think something that's absolutely proposterous. You know dang well your 7900 destroys his 9600XT, so why would you need to go to great lengths to prove it? Let him be a moron.

TheOtis said:
Yea, that kid has to be a completee moron. Seriously. Either he's being really sarcastic or he really dosen't know anything about video cards or computers.

Comparing those two cards is like comparing a 1969 Dodge Coronet R/T w/ a 440 against some little POS honda crx w/ a 120ci 4cyl.

7900GT-

Core Clock Speed 500MHz
Pixel Pipelines 24
Memory Clock Speed 1500MHz
Memory Bandwidth 48.0GB/sec

9600Xt-

Core Clock Speed 500MHZ
Pixel Pipelines 4
Memory Clock speed 600MHZ
Memory Bandwith 9.6 GB/sec

Their is absolutly no comparison. Look at tomshardware or some other sites benchmarks. They wont be compared side by side, but if you look they get compared in the same games.

This is such an absurd argument.
that about sums it up.

in raw GPU power, this is how it goes:

[color=008800]your 7900 GT at stock speeds:[/color]
24 x 500MHZ = [color=00CC00]12000 megapixels per second[/color]

[color=880000]his 9600 XT, even when overclocked to 540MHZ[/color]
4 x 540MHZ = [color=CC0000]2160 megapixels per second[/color]

there are other factors like drivers to consider. but nothing can make the 9600 XT even closely compare to a 7900 GT

just tell him you overclocked your card to the EXTREME!
and that its so powerfull, that it beats 4 7900gtx's

also tell him you got a mega cooler on it, and it idles at 10C, and that you cant show him the cooler cos if you open the case, the outside air pressure will kill it.

if he wants to talk ****, beat him!
:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom