Backing up my computor, with a Ex. harddrive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
if you would have told me the name of the hdd, I would have point you to some free copy software for it.

notice I said it in past tense. when you ask a question, stop being vague, when we ask you questions pertaining to yours. a lot of posters are doing that now.

that drive us crazy. you could have spent a few more seconds and mention the hard drive, so I could better assist you, because almost every hard drive maker makes software to copy partitions with, even if you didn't get a cd

sorry, Ill try to take more time when I post, but I was in a hurry at that moment, so I did not read your reply therogh enough.

I try to make my posts as helpful and full of info as I can (and as grammar and spelling correct as I can too).

so anyway, my hard drive is a 80gb maxtor, and did not come with any software.

hopefully that clears up any vagueness I left.

maxblast 4 has software to copy partition if you boot from the cd.

there are 3 to 4 things on this cd to do it with too.

EricB said:
Code:
http://www.sendspace.com/file/tw0gbi

I need to back up my computor, because if it crashed, I need to be able to wipe the main hard drive, and copy it from the exturnal hard drive, to my main one. make sence?

I looked into SyncToy, but it said I need a new .Net work frame, and thats like 60mb [I think] to download, and for me, thats alot [Dial up].

are there any free alternives?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom