New PSU

Status
Not open for further replies.

NosBoost300

I poop on the rug
okay, its almost friday, and i'm going to get me a new psu.. and im' wondering if the antec truepower tp2 is good enough for dual 7900gt's.. it seems its sli certified so why wouldnt it be?? but i guess i'm wondering if any of you have anything else to suggest, around the same price of 89.99

No, go with Dual 12v rails of at least 28 amps I'd say, 26 at a minimum. That's with at least 600-650watts. If you havn't purchased your system yet, I'd suggest not getting SLI at all.

well... i already have my system, i'm just soon switching over to sli and i need a good psu for it. I already have a 7900gt, and i'm getting my 2nd soon enough

and there's nothing wrong with sli, dual 7900's run alot better than any single card solution for a nice price... better than buying a 7800gtx 512mb...

Nah, I would of saved that money of needing to buy the new PSU and video card that will grant prolly 50% of a performance boost if your lucky.

well, i still need a new psu no doubt, this one i have is on the verge of dying any minute.... its terrible.. 19a i think it was... ya, so i do still need a psu.... and a graphics card.. i dunno, maybe a new processor.. or hdd... i dunno, most likely another 7900.. hard to change this mind, i just want to take the title from my neighborhood of having the best computer

and not only that.. i'm pretty sure a single 7900gt won't handle ut2007 and other games later on this year at full quality... i want nothing less than maxed out!

My Antec came with with dual 6 pin rail connectors for SLi (smartpower 2.0 500 wt and I only paid $73.95 retail at a local store in CA) and are the 6pin removable type connecotrs to the PSU. Very quiet PSU. Second fan only comes on under high power usage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom