New Yonah OC results

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man the Yonahs are AMAZING. I just had first hand experience today with my friends Dell E1705 with a Core Duo @ 1.83 GHz. It's still got the original operating system with the garbage on it and we ran Super PI mod 1.5. It calculated 1M digits of pi in 32.969 seconds. Simply amazing. That blows away my single core AMD @ 2.6 GHz with a time of 37 seconds. One I recently built has an AMD 3500+ @ 2.65 GHz and it's super pi time is only 36.6 seconds.

Simply amazing. That blows away my single core AMD @ 2.6 GHz with a time of 37 seconds. One I recently built has an AMD 3500+ @ 2.65 GHz and it's super pi time is only 36.6 seconds.
Ok......then your build must be cluttered as crap too. I just ran superPI right now on my machine, 3200+ venice at 2.565GHz, WITH not one, but count em, two different bittorent clients running in the background, anti-virus on, only 250mb of free ram available, etc..etc.. and got 33.219 seconds for the 1M test.

No doubt if I disabled all this crap, the anti-virus, the torrents, and even this browser, stuff like that it'd probably be at 32 seconds, if not high 31's

Nubius said:
Ok......then your build must be cluttered as crap too. I just ran superPI right now on my machine, 3200+ venice at 2.565GHz, WITH not one, but count em, two different bittorent clients running in the background, anti-virus on, only 250mb of free ram available, etc..etc.. and got 33.219 seconds for the 1M test.

No doubt if I disabled all this crap, the anti-virus, the torrents, and even this browser, stuff like that it'd probably be at 32 seconds, if not high 31's
That's funny that you say that because my system is sqeaky clean. I have a small OCD when it comes to having a clean system. :D

I've also noticed that shutting down programs to free up RAM doesn't make much of a difference, if any.

Well then I don't know what to tell you. It goes against the laws of everything for my 2.565GHz to outperform your 2.65GHz dont ya think?

By the way I meant to upload this pic earlier so you can see exactly how mines set up, but putfile was being lame and it wouldn't upload.

HOWEVER........I also forgot to take into account that my RAM is OC'd up to DDR466 which DOES effect SuperPI times.

Also, a little trick for ya. Go to the processes, right click on superPI and change the priority to "Real time", don't expect a 5 seconds drop or anything.....I think it took like .7 seconds off of mine, which when it comes to timings with 3 decimal places really is quite a bit.

BAH! Another thing I didn't even notice is if you were talking about a socket 754 system. Not having dual channel would also make a difference, and yeah, you were right about the RAM freeing.....I freed up RAM (stopped torrents, and all that crap) and it basically made no difference, but the speed of the RAM does.

Nubius said:
Well then I don't know what to tell you. It goes against the laws of everything for my 2.565GHz to outperform your 2.65GHz dont ya think?

By the way I meant to upload this pic earlier so you can see exactly how mines set up, but putfile was being lame and it wouldn't upload.

HOWEVER........I also forgot to take into account that my RAM is OC'd up to DDR466 which DOES effect SuperPI times.

Also, a little trick for ya. Go to the processes, right click on superPI and change the priority to "Real time", don't expect a 5 seconds drop or anything.....I think it took like .7 seconds off of mine, which when it comes to timings with 3 decimal places really is quite a bit.

BAH! Another thing I didn't even notice is if you were talking about a socket 754 system. Not having dual channel would also make a difference, and yeah, you were right about the RAM freeing.....I freed up RAM (stopped torrents, and all that crap) and it basically made no difference, but the speed of the RAM does.
Yeah, I'm using 754 on mine. The other build we did, it 939 but it's not using dual channel either. That might explain the difference. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom