Ntfs & Fat32

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also consider the security benefits of NTFS.

FAT32 - NO SECURITY...

NTFS - HIGH security

If its just a game computer, it wont matter.

If its something with serious/confidential data... I would definitely go withthe NTFS.

HoLoCroN said:
Also consider the security benefits of NTFS.

FAT32 - NO SECURITY...

NTFS - HIGH security

If its just a game computer, it wont matter.

If its something with serious/confidential data... I would definitely go withthe NTFS.

Thats what I was going to bring up as well..When I get asked what the main difference between the two I always say security :)

you say high security, but my experience with NTFS is that it provides little difference over FAT other than it is more stable. better security?..... i think not.

i can just take ownership of a folder and than where is the security in that? also winxp Encrypting File System is a joke. Dave was telling me a simple brute force attack will break EFS. so basically the main reason to use NTFS is that it is less likely to corrupt data than FAT.

if you want security use drivecrypt with triple blowfish cipher, 1344 bit encryption. use Gdisk or BCwipe to destroy all data on your hard disk using department of defense method and default 7 passes

ekÆsine said:
you say high security, but my experience with NTFS is that it provides little difference over FAT other than it is more stable. better security?..... i think not.

i can just take ownership of a folder and than where is the security in that? also winxp Encrypting File System is a joke. Dave was telling me a simple brute force attack will break EFS. so basically the main reason to use NTFS is that it is less likely to corrupt data than FAT.

if you want security use drivecrypt with triple blowfish cipher, 1344 bit encryption. use Gdisk or BCwipe to destroy all data on your hard disk using department of defense method and default 7 passes

Well I didnt mean security for admins and networks and such...but for the home user it is far more superior than FAT32 in security featueres...I'm sure granny or Uncle Bob isnt gonna be worried about hard core encrypting ;-)

OK then i think i just realized the problem with my computer constantly having a blue screen then restarting and windows saying it just recovered from a seriousy error...

How can i convert my System from NTFS to FAT32 ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom