Nvidia Drivers

Status
Not open for further replies.

bryan64

In Runtime
Not sure if this goes here but has anyone used the new Nvidia 84.21 drivers that came out Friday? And if so are they better than 81.98?

No one has used these yet? I am hearing better performance in F.E.A.R., but what about other games?

I dont notice much difference actually in other games.
Aniway, most of my games are not graphic intense such as the F.E.A.R.

where did you find these drivers at?? i'll give them a try if it helps me play fear.. it always seems to skip a bit, even at the higher framerates... and i think the alienware optimizer helps it as well.... my friends alienware doesnt seem to get a hickup in that game...

just got the new drivers, i'll tell you how they are in a lil bit, gonna test it out with fear, hopefully its true...

i must say the new drivers run beautiful with fear.... it no longer has these 2 hick-ups i've always got in the stress test, i've had those 2 with my 6800gs and 7900gt, and now its gone.. so nice... i tried a new setting and achieved very playable framerates... tried it ony 1280x1024, 4xAA 16xAF soft shadows on, and achieved nothing lower than 35 fps, an everage of 57, and a high of 100 something.. don't really remember..... so far no problems with the drivers, although i've only had it for about 15 minutes

bryan64 said:
From what I can tell now, I should stay with 81.98 unless I start playing FEAR.

ya, i've read on a couple of other forums that some people had some errors with it, but i've noticed none yet.... i was reading some of the added features, i don't think it was too much, i think the biggest deal about it was that it was for the 7900 series, other than that, i wouldnt see any other reason to get it

I was reading today that there is a 84.12 that came out that solved a freezing problem in Serious Sam 2 using GeForce 7 cards. Since I will be loading that up soon, I may just get the 84.21 so I can play SS2.

So my previous post is kind of moot, huh?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom