Post Your Pretty Wire Management

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shumway said:
Not true,If it has any sort of incryption and you bypass it it's illegal no matter what ;) But who give's a crap,I do the same :D

nope :D, one you buy that DVD your owner ship has been set to it, then you get to make all the copies incription or not that you want as long as you dont give them away or sell them

NOGA said:
nope :D, one you buy that DVD your owner ship has been set to it, then you get to make all the copies incription or not that you want as long as you dont give them away or sell them

I watched a thing on it the other day,They had a bunch of laywer's and a couple guy's from the MPAA,They said no matter if you own the dvd or not you can not copy it as long as it's encrypted,Why do you think dvd decrypter got put out of business ;)

Shumway said:
I watched a thing on it the other day,They had a bunch of laywer's and a couple guy's from the MPAA,They said no matter if you own the dvd or not you can not copy it as long as it's encrypted,Why do you think dvd decrypter got put out of business ;)

so people dont copy them in the first place

just becuase its on a show dosnt mean it true, its a loop hole right now that were aloud to use for are stuff even tho it dosnt really hurt us

Eh no making copies is illegal preiod because if a cop walked into a house w/ alot of pirated DVDs the guy would just say oh well these are just backups w/ no originals around. Besides if you HAVE the original the backup will usualy perform worse on a DVD player anyways. No matter what its illegal to copy that original DVD. Dosent mean it stops us.

alright id like to change my answer as i have done some research. making dvd backups are illegal, for personal use even.
`(1) Title 17 definitions.--The terms `audiovisual work',
`copy', `copyright owner', `motion picture', `motion picture
exhibition facility', and `transmit' have, respectively, the
meanings given those terms in section 101 of title 17.
``(2) Audiovisual recording device.--The term `audiovisual
recording device' means a digital or analog photographic or
video camera, or any other technology or device capable of
enabling the recording or transmission of a copyrighted motion
picture or other audiovisual work, or any part thereof,
regardless of whether audiovisual recording is the sole or
primary purpose of the device.''.
taken from a .gov site about copyright
http://frwebgate.access.gpo.gov/cgi...rectory=/diskb/wais/data/109_cong_public_laws
tell me if that link works. idk i just tryed and it only shows a small portion of it.

but what i am confused about is why does HP make a dvd backup software? i have a copy of a dvd also from HP using their software

ill start another thread in the OT section

http://www.techist.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=98456

now lets see some of those sexy wire management skills gimme some cool pics ;)

P.P. Mguire said:
Eh no making copies is illegal preiod because if a cop walked into a house w/ alot of pirated DVDs the guy would just say oh well these are just backups w/ no originals around. Besides if you HAVE the original the backup will usualy perform worse on a DVD player anyways. No matter what its illegal to copy that original DVD. Dosent mean it stops us.

no thats a PIRATED DVD

if you pay for it, you can copy it for back up and not selling it

P.P. Mguire said:
I was using the guy as an example. Obviously you didnt get it but w/e. Its still not legal to copy a DVD period.

umm....then why is their a leagal program called "popcorn" and "toaster" that lets you copy dvds for your own personal use, yes, copywritten ones

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom