Pentium D 805 2.66Ghz

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brtnboarder495 said:
Go for a Cedar Mill 3.0ghz, it's the same as a normal Pentium 4 3.0ghz except on a 65nm instead of 90nm, so it's more efficient and can OC a bit more.

What do you mean they oc a "bit" more, if you call up to 6.0ghz on liquid nitrogen cooling, and 5.5ghz on water cooling a "bit"more then either you didnt see what people on XS forums have got them too, or your insane.

What do you mean they oc a "bit" more, if you call up to 6.0ghz on liquid nitrogen cooling, and 5.5ghz on water cooling a "bit"more then either you didnt see what people on XS forums have got them too, or your insane.

A bit more than the Prescott 90nm 3.0ghz. I mean on air.

well the intel pentium D will not run like a 2.66 pentium 4... it will be faster, by a lot. you see, you can set the affinity in xp so that all of the other processes go to one core, and the game goes to another core.

just seomthing to consider

obviously that is true. i meant in standard use without setting core affinity and in games performance without the dual core patches (which are crap at the moment anyway).

like i said earlier
a 2.66ghz pentium D probably won't be that good for gaming until there is better SMP support in games. because at the moment it will basically run like a 2.66ghz p4 so not exactly brilliant

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom