Windows?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TonCrafter

Daemon Poster
Ok, I just had my mobo replaced a few days ago. Since then and up until now everything has been great. I just came home and booted up my comp. The screew was flickering with weird colors and what not..........video card burped I guess. After I restarted the comp I got a message saying 'windows did not start properly.' What the heck could have caused that?

Dr.Gootch said:
Can you be more specific please?

Well, I can try, but that was the jist of it.

Like I said, I turned my comp on from a cold sit. I heard the 'post' beep, but the screen was flashing weird colors. So, I restart the comp and then get the 'windows did not start properly' message.

Dr.Gootch said:
Ok then after that? same thing or it fixed itself?

Windows gave me the option to use a 'prior' configuration and since then I havent gotten the error. Only thing is I never changed anything. Hmm......

lets say it like this.. computers have minds of there own.. i once seen mine grow legs and walk out of my room..

Static_11 said:
lets say it like this.. computers have minds of there own.. i once seen mine grow legs and walk out of my room..

Was that 'after' you ate the funny tasting shrooms? LOL Your right though. My comp has eyes................

Windows just 'squawked' at me again. Do you all think I should reformat after my recent mobo change?

I think you should reinstall Windows again.

Or do this, take out and unplug every unnecessary hardware and just leave the CPU, RAM and Video card. Boot it up and see if the problem happen. If it occurs, it's a hardware problem. Most likely the ram.

If the problem didn't happen, then plug the harddrive in and boot it up, If the problem occur, then you will probably need to reinstall windows again, since you change the MOBO but I am assuming this is the same exact model. Plug everything back in and format and reinstall Windows.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom