Building my first high powered computer please comment

Status
Not open for further replies.
noone said this... so i guess ill tackle it..

why would you spend 2 grand on a system, get the fastest freakin ram, a huuuge hdd.. but only a 6600GT? if i were, i would downgrade the ram and get a smaller hdd, then get a 7800 serious card..

um yea.......like i said, buy a seperate CPU, preferably an Enermax, OCZ, or Antec. Its just not worh the risk to get a Case w/ PSU. Dont cheap out on ur PSU. DONT DONT DONT! if something happens with the PSU u just lost a whole Computer.

The case in question is the Antec TX1050B. It comes with an Antec SP-500 ATX12v v2.0 PSU.

why would you spend 2 grand on a system, get the fastest freakin ram, a huuuge hdd.. but only a 6600GT? if i were, i would downgrade the ram and get a smaller hdd, then get a 7800 serious card..

Very good point. A smaller drive would cost you less, and have better times (unless you are as anal about defragging as I am). Plus a 500gig will run hot... you'd need to have a front intake fan blowing across it if you wanted it to last for very long.

or even 2X 250gig hdd's.. it would run better that way :) but defintly look into hdd cooling if your going for 1 500... i still say get a much better vid card if gaming..

Awesome tips guys, I will take all the advise in, its going to help heaps.

However If I buy a seperate case and PSU which one would you recommend that is around the same price that I quoted above. (AUD)

thanks

australian dollars :). i would always reccomend my psu and case combo as i love it but basically in my opinion you can't go wrong with any antec psu (probably at least 480w+) and a ThermalTake tower. i have the thermaltake soprano case and an Antec TruePower 2.0 psu. if you can get the case without the psu that should come to around just over $200 i think

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom