Dual 1.4 ghz Pentium Tualatins

Status
Not open for further replies.

protonfusion

Baseband Member
So recently I got a **** of a deal ( well free) on a set of twin 1.4 pentium 3's. Im trying to put together a gaming PC to run Age of Empires 3 and this is what i got so far.... in addition to the twin 1.4ghz pentium 3 Tualatins, i have a supermicro dual processor Mobo with a 4x agp slot, and 1 gig of pc133 ram, of coarse i have all the other junk (standard 7200 30 gig HD, cdr-rw, etc... ) but i was wondering if its true what they say about dual processors about you getting x1.8 the speed. So in theory 1.4ghz x 1.8 = 2.52 totally ghz of processing power. Also with having a 4x agp slot what is the best card i can use to for gaming... the max i have cash for is a gforce 6800... but i dont know if they work for agp 4x... on the system requiremnets it says you need "AGP 2.0" which is listed as being a 4x slot... but all of the boxes say 8x on them........and on top of that is a 6800 even worth it if all i have are twin 1.4's... i mean i wanna play like far cry or maybe like WOW.... but i really just wanna play age of empires 3..... i thank you in advance for reading and offering any advice or comments.

Also because would a 6800 be worth it... or would a 6600 do just fine?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom