2 questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

theprofessor17

Baseband Member
Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 524 w/HT Technology, 3.0GHz

and

Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 631 w/HT Technology, 3.0GHz

obviously the second one being better is that one worth 80 dollars more is it not needed for playing games like cs:s?

The other question...

I think the nvidia 6800gs may be better but I just want to check...
the nvidia 6800gs or this card 256MB DDR ATI Radeon X1300 Pro, TV-Out and DVI can this card compete with the 6800 gs or does the 6800gs blow it out of the water please let me know fps difference between those 2 cards?

wait actually 3 questions...

if i get one of those 2 processors that isnt dual core would that be bad since the games that will come out soon will be pointed towards dual core and that means I'm at a disadvantage and maybe wanting to buy a new computer all over again? Or would this processor be fine for now and the recent future.

your a gamer and thinking getting an intel? thats not a good idea, amd processors are much better at that field , anyway the 524 is based on an older prescott core and it have 1mb cache and gets very hot while the 631 is based on the newer cedar core and have 2mb cache and is much cooler. i think its worth the extra $ , the 6800gs is much better its really pointless to compare the two they arent in the same league and not even same price range , your better off gettin 7600gt which is better then 6800gs and costs just a bit more look at this comparison http://www.beyond3d.com/previews/nvidia/g73/

forget about em , just buy all the parts yourself and put em together or pay a tech a small fee to do it for you , usally when you buy the parts yourself you get higher quality parts+you know exactly what your getting+in most cases its cheaper

whats your budget and country?
do you need a monitor with it? and if so an lcd or crt?
do you need a whole pc or just a few parts like mobo+cpu+ram+case/psu for example ?

hmm....
Intel hasn't really invested time in their IA32EXT line.
Intels flagship is IA64(itanium 2).
Amds flagship is IA32EXT(fx/opteron).

Unlike amd and cyrix, intel has to make demoore happy, by keeping up with his law.

You really cant make games for dual core processing unless they are backwards compatible......

If compiled with extra intructions, then you could probably run the os and game without switching......meaning, you can easily minimize the game, put it in a window, resize it and such...

Dual core processing has the only real advantage on predictable apps.
Like video editing.
You can split the video into two pieces, and encode each separately on each core and fuse the pieces together.......not to mention.....64 bit applications are yet practically non-existant....

You see, the intel architecture is really terrible, but it makes up for that in its extensions.....
Companies that use the intel architecture are
Intel
AMD
Cyrix

The L0 cache, also called the register, contains 8 4byte register.
2 of which are in use by stack tracking.
3 are caller, and 3 are callee, which do not give you a lot of room.
When doing double computation, you are using 2 register for compututation, which gives you even less space. By extending each register to 64 bits, you can use double computation(double is a data type) without sacrificing a register, and anything in a register is very fast......by increasing bit length means that you increase precision, by decreasing processing length...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom