Dual Core...

Status
Not open for further replies.

He Hate Me

Baseband Member
I know this has been asked many times before, I'm sorry, but I couldn't find the answer I was looking for from searching. So the question you probably quessed is, "Dual core really worth it" It's only about $80 more than a 3700+, but I don't know how well it will perform. I read from the searches that the 3800+ X2 is, practically just 2 3200+. Well if all I'm going to do is just game, and play some music, search the internet, will I see a performance increase in gaming compared to a just 3700+

Also while I have this topic open. Would I be better going off with 1 250GB Western Digital SATA 3GB, or 2 x 80GB Western Digitial Caviar Serial ATA100 and running them in RAID 0

At the moment no. Since you don't do heavy multi-tasking. But for the future of games, It's definately worth it.

So I probably should just fork out the $80 now, and don't have to worry for a few years.

Also, any news on the hard drive(s)?

in general raid0 will give overall higher performance then a single hard drive , but be aware that when using raid0 if one of the hard drives fail then it all go south.. so its not wise to use raid0 unless you got a third hard drive for backup purposes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom