AMD or Intel please help me ! ! !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also, 1£ = about 1.75 USD.

But stuffs in the UK are sooo expensive. Therefore could consider £500 to be about £700.

Wait for Socket AM2 or Conroe+965 if your building a new system, they'll be out by June-August.

Also, the Geforce 8 series will most likely be released by that time, if not in the fall, and at least the 7900GTX will be cheaper than $400 and the 7900GT's should be around $200.

Lastly, DDR2 timings will be alot faster.

Yea why dont we wait 4 more years when the G90 comes out which will knock the G80 Prices down..

Dont play the waiting game. Although Do plan ahead.

Get an Entirely new setup.

SKT 939, PCI-Express, and i woulnt advise going SLI.

CPU: AMD Opteron 64 144 Socket939 , Venus Core, 1.8GHz , 1MB Cache, Retail £122.41
GPU: Leadtek WinFast GeForce 6800GS 256MB DDR3 PCI-E £157.98
MOBO: DFI Ultra D £94.12
RAM: G.Skill 2GB DDR HZ PC4000 (2x1GB) CAS3 Dual Channel Kit £152.69

Total: £527.20

You probably dont know how to OVerclock but it would be avisable you learnt if you're getting this setup ive recommended above.

adam02 said:
Yea why dont we wait 4 more years when the G90 comes out which will knock the G80 Prices down..

Dont play the waiting game. Although Do plan ahead.

Get an Entirely new setup.

SKT 939, PCI-Express, and i woulnt advise going SLI.

CPU: AMD Opteron 64 144 Socket939 , Venus Core, 1.8GHz , 1MB Cache, Retail £122.41
GPU: Leadtek WinFast GeForce 6800GS 256MB DDR3 PCI-E £157.98
MOBO: DFI Ultra D £94.12
RAM: G.Skill 2GB DDR HZ PC4000 (2x1GB) CAS3 Dual Channel Kit £152.69

Total: £527.20

You probably dont know how to OVerclock but it would be avisable you learnt if you're getting this setup ive recommended above.

Why don't you gain some experience around here before you take on more experienced members? BTW G90's won't be released in four years, the G80's are to be released only about one year after the G70's, and release intervals are getting smaller and smaller. I'd be suprised if we didn't see a G90 by Q1 2008 at the latest. The R600 is also to be released right after the G80's.

The G80's and R600's are scheduled for a late summer/fall release, they are something to wait for because they will be DX10 native and be very powerful cards. But I guess someone with your (adam02) knowledge would of already known that ...

Socket AM2 is literally less than 3 months away (almost 2), it's the future of AMD. 939 is going to be no more by this time next year, AMD won't be keeping 754 or 939 at all, everyone got lucky that last time around they kept 754 (and even some Socket A) CPUs around long. For such a big change in hardware for AMD (faster HT, DDR2, more efficient CPUs, ability to upgrade to new CPUs in the future) it's definitely worth it unless for some reason you need it now, but if you buy now you'll be hitting yourself later if you buy 939 now.

Conroe + 965 will smoke anything AMD initially puts out for AM2, definitely in terms of price : performance, if not just raw performance. That's not going to be released until late summer/fall though, but waiting may prove to be worth it.

It's all up to you.

I heard Gaara say something about AM2 not being as bad as it looks. If AMD can't beat the pants off Intel with AM2 then I'll wait until they make a socket that does. Too much AMD pride in me to let go of right now ><

It's not bad at all, the main reason they are going to experience such a small performance jump is becuase they concentrated on socket conversion, higher HT and DDR2 support. But AM2 is future proof and will pave the way for faster CPUs and when DDR2 timings get down AM2 will be pretty great .. I don't know if it'll be fast enough to take Conroe in price vs performance though.

so was buying my system a 3 weeks ago a bad idea???....Brtnboarder495 now you make me want to send evreything back and just wait for am2....im scared...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom