Pentium D 805 2.66Ghz

Status
Not open for further replies.

septoid2

Daemon Poster
Going for less then 150 CDN at NCIX!! I can't see this being a better deal for my lan gaming system, anything wrong with this proc??

Oh god nevermind, I think I'll go with the Sempron 3100+ or something.

I just read Xbit labs review on the 820, not pretty, especially how it uses twice the amount of watts that an athlon 3200+ does at idle.

Haha.. ya I use a sempron 2800 oc'd to 1.9ghz. It runs things perfectly fine for being budget. Oc's nicely on cheap parts too.

didn't intel screw up their line of dual core CPU's because the memory divider was put in the north bridge, or something like that?

well the intel pentium D will not run like a 2.66 pentium 4... it will be faster, by a lot. you see, you can set the affinity in xp so that all of the other processes go to one core, and the game goes to another core.

just seomthing to consider

I'm sorry to say but the Pentium D 8xx line bombed, as did the 9xx for the most part too, except for the fact their a little more efficient and can OC more due to being built on 65nm vs the old 90nm.

Go for a Cedar Mill 3.0ghz, it's the same as a normal Pentium 4 3.0ghz except on a 65nm instead of 90nm, so it's more efficient and can OC a bit more. That and a cheap motherboard with value memory will last you long enough for Intel's new architecture, such as Conroe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom