AMD or Intel please help me ! ! !

Status
Not open for further replies.

warhar

Solid State Member
I am planning to build a new gaming PC since my agp graphics card and my skt478 p4 processor are a bit outdated. It will have nvidia 6800 pci exp but I dont know weather to stick with intel or move to amd. I know nothing about amd apart from they are supposed to be good for gaming, my current processor is a intel p4 3.2ghz 1mb cache skt478. I need a amd recommendation which is about the same standard as my current one and known to be good for gaming. The amd website says the athlon64 fx is supposed to be good (how many ghz is that?). My current geforce 5600xt 256mb agp 8x graphics card, on high graphics and 1024x768 res, gets around 30-40 fps on counter strike source - would a 6800 do the job nicely? And also is a sata hd really worth it?

first of all welcome to Tech forums, second you might as well buy a new pc becuase chances are your powersupply is weak, mobo dosent support dual channel and you cant have a PCI express card on a AGP motherboard...but if you insist on staying with your current one then look into buying a intel core duo Yonah, those are the best S478 you can get.......also I suggest a 7800 GS......either that or buy a new PC all together....

But if you DO want to build a new pc give us a budget we'll work somthing out....

Personally I reccomend getting a new PC if your going to be gaming...

In that case then you should really consider upgrading to s939 then. Pretty soon socket AM2 is coming out and socket 939 is going to be cheaper. 6800GS will run CS:S fine but you can pay an extra $20 and get a 7600GT.

my budget is around £500

not much i know but i already have case, 500w power supply, 5.1 speakers, keyboard and mouse, 200GB hd, dvdrw drives.

Then it's quite easy.
You OC ? Prob not.

If u go for gaming then ( For example )

Asus A8N Mobo socket 939
AMD Venice core 3700+
2x512 MB Corsair Values select RAM
6800GS or 7600Gt Video card

I assume you already have a monitor. That would be under £500.

it doesnt matter how much that is in dollars cus everythings cheaper in america isnt it? Yes ive got a monitor - ag neovo f417

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom