agp vid card

Status
Not open for further replies.
Intel Dual cores have to use the socket 775. Probably wouldn't cost you more than $150 for a pretty decent board. Lower if you just want a standard PCI-E board. I recommend the ATI X800 XL card that'll cost you $200 by the way, especially if it has the HIS cooler on it. Motherboard instructions for install and set-up are pretty strait forward. Most of your time will probbaly be spent just re-hooking everything up (cables and whatnot).

ok, so if i go that route ( getting a new mobo ) what would a good pci-e vid card be? and what about the price?

The X800 XL or the x850's are even better. The X800 you can get for around $200. I got the HIS one with the big cooler fan on it so I could overclock it (it takes up a PCI slot as well because of its girth). That cost me $215. Check www.monarchcomputers.com for the prices.

I should also make a note that the x850 will need it's own supply of power strait from the PSU, but it should come with the connector. If not, it's one of those pocket change fixes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom